Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Now you see me, now you don't

Today was the first day of September and here in Illinois the weather cannot decide if it's still summer or if it just switch completely into fall. We kept Lily home from school due to her cold but I didn't take any pictures. The girls spent the day with Grandpa in Clarendon Hills...Lily spent a good portion of the day laying on the couch and Hannah Grace followed Grandpa around the kitchen saying "Grandpa, follow me!"

While not taking any pictures today, I thought I'd just give you a picture story of what happens when your almost 6 year old gets a hold of your camera and plays spy.

I realize some may say I should be more involved, but I do feel it's important for the girls to spend some time together on their own...but sometimes I have no idea what they are doing...

Lily started playing a new game at the beginning of summer whenever we took a walk somewhere. At first I couldn't figure out what she was doing, but then I realized she was practicing and perfecting her Sydney Bristow CIA spy moves so that she would be ready for that entrance exam to Langley after she graduates from college. As we walk and I push Hannah Grace in the stroller, Lily walks alongside me, but when a car approaches from any direction she immediately darts behind the nearest tree (throwing her scooter to the side) and makes sure the people in the car can not see her. This happens frequently and can make our walks take a little longer, but as long as she passes that entrance exam and lives the secret live I've always dreamed of (MorMor you know what I'm talking about) I enjoy the long walks.

However, Lily has taken her spy training a step further. She has now begun to "disappear" whenever we enter stores with security cameras...you know, the security camera and TV that Target has up in the front of the store? Lily hides from the camera as we enter and then exit the store. She hides behind me, behind Hannah Grace, sometimes she'll dart behind random strangers all while keeping an eye on the TV to make sure she does not make an accidental appearance.

Now, I realize, were she about 10 years older, the store security team may feel the need to keep an eye on people who "hide" from the cameras when the enter and exit a store. But, taking a look at this face who could ever think she had any other motive then perfecting those moves her Langley instructors will be so impressed with!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh la la! This is exciting! It's going to be great fun! Reminds me of my days as a Shop Investigator in San Francisco - blending in so nonchalanatly. Lily'll be great! Hope everyone's feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutest crabfishergirl in the world!

    ReplyDelete