Friday, August 21, 2009

Slipping Thru my fingers

We went to kindergarten today.



"No cereal today Muma, I just want some juice"

I convinced her some cinnamon raisin toast with a little butter would taste good.



Posing for Daddy before we left. ...one with the little sister, who insisted on bringing her tinker bell and snow white doll.


Bananas!



Little sister was also very excited today...she looks really funny in these pictures! At some point in the morning, Greg stopped mid sentence, looked at Hannah Grace and said, "Hannah Grace what happened to your hair?" He then looked at me and said, "It's like you washed it with Pert shampoo, it's all pouffy." I didn't respond, distracted by the mass amounts of people, keeping track of our kindergartner, wondering how Greg knew about Pert shampoo, all the while wondering what in the world happened to Hannah Grace's hair myself...it's a wonder we found Ms. Riley's line.
Just after this picture was taken she asked, "Da YaYa go?" And, then the tears started as Greg and I sat through a meeting on the new Jolly Phonics reading program the school uses.


I had no tears until tonight when I heard the song.....

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile

I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness
And I have to sit down for a while
Slipping through my fingers all the time I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it

Slipping through my fingers all the time

Do I really see whats in her mind
Each time I think I'm close
to knowing
She keeps on growing

Slipping through my fingers all the time




I had decided to finally watch Mama Mia tonight (even though I had heard all of the bad reviews). The last time I tried to watch it was up at Stormy Lake. Greg had come through with one of his bootleg copies...which turned out to be a movie that would skip about every few minutes, basically unwatchable. So, tonight I watched it on on-demand and, while, Meryl Streep's singing leaves a lot to be desired, I could hear the real ABBA singers singing and then began to cry. Greg would say I'm being melodramatic, but then again, he's out shooting raccoons right now in the back yard...so, I could just say he's being a little bit "country". I've also told him that I just don't think I'd be able to go to the Cook County jailhouse to bail him out should the bootleg cops come a-knocking on our door.


But, I've gotten a little sidetracked and long-winded, so I'll end this post on this note...

For my dear sweet girl, who will be 6 in 3 weeks as she keeps telling everyone!

Colossians 1:9-14 "And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Greg is taking me to see Julie and Julia tomorrow night-from what I've heard it's a much better venue for Meryl Streep....and I'm going to wait to see how long it takes anyone of the two people who read this blog to come across this post! Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. That is the best post yet. Thank you for sharing the first day of school with us. Tell Lil' Lily we love her.
    Uncle Bobby

    ReplyDelete