Thursday, October 8, 2009

Techinical difficulties...resolved!

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've posted anything, but I'll make up for it with some fun pictures tonight, now that our Internet is back up and running.

So after Greg spent two days on the phone with Comcast and then two hours with the Comcast man at our house, they finally found the reason for our technical difficulties...yours truly.

It seems that in my zeal to clean up our bedroom last Saturday, I was going through some piles that were in the corners, putting things away and throwing things out, I decided to unplug the cable that is plugged into the wall behind my dresser. We don't have a TV in our room, so I figured we didn't need that cable and with it out of the wall I could push my dresser that last 1/2 inch so it would sit flush against the wall. Little did I know that as I unscrewed the cable I was thereby ending our Internet and phone capabilities.

As I explained what I had done, the Comcast man gave me a nice little smile and just nodded his head. My dear sweet husband, who had spent hours trying to figure all of this out also nodded his head and graciously said, "That's OK". It was even better after the Comcast guy said he wouldn't bill us for having come out to fix a problem we, or rather, I had created!

So, onto more exciting things----Birthday Parties!

WE TURNED SIX!

First up, breakfast in bed with the little sister.


Birthday party in the backyard...with presents!The cake was supposed to be pink...it was Lily's pink party, but I had run out of red food colouring...it just makes me realize how much red food colouring to make pink in the last few years.

LOVING, I mean absolutely LOVING Rapunzel Barbie!
A good time was had by all!

2 comments:

  1. The birthday breakfast in bed with little sister is exactly you and Bj!!! You should see the pictures - you half asleep and Bj wide awake in your bed eating away - just like Lily and Hannah Grace! Too funny! Must be something about the younger sib! :) Also loved the story of the cable cord! These are the treasured stories re-told for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy. happy, happy to see this endeavor of yours!!
    Lily's birthday pictures are priceless, pleased with her whole body at the Rapunz... doll received. I had tried copying some text to insert, but technical difficulties prevailed :(

    Many thanks for letting me have a peek into your lives!

    ReplyDelete